Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Not feeling so sorry anymore....

So, getting rid of the pacifier went a lot better than expected and the topic hasn't even been brought up in almost five days now. However, the whole finding things to do to replace the time spent pacifying has been quite an adventure.... I thought the terrible twos were starting to mellow a little with this one, but I think we've entered a new phase.... This is where I found Kayden yesterday.....


Dean wasn't all that surprised considering how much this kid loves water, it was bound to happen sometime! He's just lucky that the machine stops when you open the lid!

I should have removed the red eye, but isn't there a little devil inside every two year old little boy?

Don't worry, there's more! And as a reminder this all happened YESTERDAY!!!


Dean has made some great connections being a dairy vet and one of those has been free compost, in other words... cow poop! Yes, Kayden knew he was sitting on poop. Too bad he got in the washing machine before and not after this.....

Kayden is just like his dad in so many ways. He loves to follow him wherever he goes. And all that poop actually made our garden nice and pretty. In fact it was so pretty that Kayden couldn't resist playing in it some more.....
(For some reason there is a delay between picture and sound on the videos, sorry!)



Water and dirt.... That is what my little boy is made of.


A few things I didn't get the chance to take pictures of... During one of Kayden's four baths there was a small tsunami causing a small lake to form on my bathroom floor. Incredible, I know! Not to mention the amount of dirt I cleaned out of the tub after each bath.. Or the pile of mail for Dean sitting on the counter next to the washing machine that I later found in pieces amongst the load of laundry that Kayden decided to help with...


And I can't leave out what a brave little girl Brylie was yesterday during her kindergarten shots. She had to get two in each leg and even through the whincing she held back her tears. I was so proud of her. I however was not so brave when the nurse accidentally stuck one of the needles through, yes as in from one side to the other, my thumb. No tears from me, but I'm sure there was a strong look of horror staring at the dangling syringe. What a great day of adventures we had... Today is seeming so boring....

15 comments:

Alayna said...

I can not believe how happy Kayden is to to is the washer!!! I love that smile! Way to go Brylie I am REALLY proud of her, and honestly I feel pretty bad for you and your finger! I told Kev and his mouth just hung open! I hope today is better!

Marie said...

Looks like I have alot to look forward to with a little boy! You are such a good mom through it all! Sorry about the needle through the thumb. How did that happen?!

Three Men and a Janie said...

Lets start a support group for mothers of two year olds!! Its sometimes hard to get mad at them when they are so stinkin cute at the same time (I think that was in the divine plan). :)

Hannah said...

Oh my word! I think I'd be grateful for boring days!!! Oh the joys of children.

Jill Taylor said...

O Candria...you do have your hands full!!!! I sometimes wonder about my little Ellie, but after seeing some of your little guys creative moments I have to just laugh!!!! I wonder what the two of them could come up with if they got together:)

Diane said...

Wow! What a day! I have never heard of a parent getting shot during a child's shots before. That's crazy!

Robinson Roost said...

I don't know what to say!

Amy Lovell said...

No dull moments around your house. I'm sure you're learning to have such patience with that little boy of yours. Ha...those pictures make me laugh.

Erin S said...

Don't ever ask to leave your kids with me. :)

knightfamily said...

I'm not surprised by Kadyn at all! He has always been crazy...long before turning 2 :). The needle through the finger thing totally freaks me out, and I can almost feel the pain when I think about it...ouch! Now I'm going to be extra careful when getting the kids shots done.

The Howards said...

Umm...yeah, that was AWESOME!! How does your finger feel? In the wash, ea? That's impressive.

Jenn said...

What happened to the baby I use to steal in Relief Society???

We sure appreciate your friendship! Thanks for having us over last night and for the fantastic cinnamon rolls and FHE lesson on baptism and repentance for Brandon! The kids were still talking about it this morning!

todd, christy & kids said...

Oh that is hilarious!!! Well atleast he got in the washer where it's clean. My son at two got feet first in the TOILET!! That was yucky! Loved the lotion in his hair too. Ethan has done that one too. :) Two year old boys are sooo fun! :)
Oh ya...and I would have punched that nurse right between the eyes if she stuck me through and through like that. Good gracious woman...you need a nap!

5dollarFanatic said...

That is so hilarious about the washer. Don't you just woner how their little minds work sometimes?? Whitney had climbed into the dryer the other day after I had taken the clothes out and didn't want to come out because she was cold.

Annie and Family said...

Candria, once again I believe that you are one mother in a million! You laugh and grab the camera when I would be pulling my hair out or climbing in the washing machine with them. Brett and I had a really good laugh watching the "Kayden clips"