(This post is long overdue... I've been without a computer all week... Sorry Michael!)
Poor Michael... After waiting and waiting last Friday for the postman to call and say the big envelope was here (benefit of living in a small town) and knowing that a few other people had gotten their calls on Thursday, everyone started to wonder if maybe it had gotten sent to his apartment in Provo instead of my parents house. After a few phone calls and hours of first asking the apartment staff nicely, and then not so nicely, to go check his mail box.... Sure enough! It was in Provo. We tried to come up with a quicker way to get his call here, but he, Kirk and a friend finally hit the road and headed for Utah! My Uncle Mike that lives in Sandy was nice enough to drive down to Provo and then meet them at his house to save some time, but he still didn't get back until after 10:30 that night! What a fun adventure to get your mission call!!! So, where is he going?....

Very Nice!

Not bad for long walks...

Hey, I think I saw a few of those kids when looking for pictures for Kirk, looks like you're missions will have some similarities!
And let's not forget the best part.... Good, ol', southern comfort food!

Now doesn't that look tasty! And you thought Kirk was going to have to rough it!....
We are so excited, happy, and proud of you Michael! Thanks for letting us be there to watch you open your call, although the whole waiting all day long for it to come was like torture even though you stayed calm through it all! I think I'm going to have the kids start writing their letters now with all the mail we'll be sending out soon. Don't want anyone to get writer's cramp! Hooray for twin brothers keeping life exciting for us! We love you!!!
P.S. He leaves June 24th!


8 comments:
YAy for Virginia! He will love it there.
We love Richmond...and Brittany will love knowing one of the missionaries in her town is her adorable cousin.
Let's hope he's near Britt and Brian during Thanksgiving so he can come over for dinner. I'm so excited for him to be close by.
Let's see, exactly 5 minutes after Kirk had his call, you had a post about it. Exactly ONE WEEK after mine, you finally have a post about it. I sense favoritism. Oh well, I will be able to get comfort packages more easily :D
Richmond may not be as far away as Ghaha, but I can tell you there are many similarities -- especially if he serves in Southside Richmond or Colonial Beach -- he will be the only white boy there. :) I'm excited he'll be nearby!
Hey Candria, Its Crystal (Wright) Erin's friend from High school! I came across your blog and seen that Erin's blog is private. I would love to catch up with her. Could you please give her my email address and see if she will add me? Your kids are darling! Thanks, Crystal brittcrystal@hotmail.com
I think that we should go pick him up, instead of Kirk, flying to Africa doesn't sound too fun, but Virginia would be fun!! So don't plan on having a kid around that time frame..... :)
SO exciting!!! So I have friends that live just outside of Richmond, VA so if he needs a friendly face have him stop by the Seegmillers. :)
Post a Comment