Monday, February 2, 2009

Refusing to take naps....

These two are so funny about sleeping. They both hate naps, but whether they think they take them or not, they usually end up crashing somewhere. All these pictures were taken during the last week. I don't know if there is something in the air, or if they have hit a growth spurt, but we keep finding them trying to catch a few zzzz without "taking a nap".

Looks like she fell asleep standing her ground that she was not going to take a nap!!


We call this the "ward clerk" pose. (Hand under the chin, normally ward clerks aren't laying down like this...) Because from a distance you can't really tell if they are sleeping or concentrating on something.


Neither of them like to sleep alone, so they both sleep in Brylie's bed at night. So precious...



Tell me how they know when Dad is gone? Somehow whenever Dean is away for a night or just leaves really early, everyone eventually ends up in bed with me. I love it though. Someday they'll all either be too big, or think it's gross to cuddle in bed with their mom. Moments to treasure. For Dean, moments that confirm to him that he is going to have buy a king size bed....



6 comments:

todd, christy & kids said...

This happens to me too! Kids are so funny that way! My hubby Todd just got off a grave shift and is finding he has to fight for a spot in bed now.

Allison said...

Cute! I have to agree - the king size bed is the way to go!

Erin S said...

Brylie is like a mini-me of you!! Those are really funny pictures!

Hannah said...

Yeah, I don't think it will take long for Brett to break down and buy a kind sized bed too. I don't see how we will be able to fit six in a queen!

camie said...

i love these pictures!
hey, will you send me your address for the reunion: camie23@hotmail.com

and i answered your question on my blog, but just in case you didn't read it, i have a nikon D40. love it!

Marie said...

Todd and I were also discussing a king size bed several days ago. :) Cute pictures and cute kids!