Friday, February 13, 2009

Grateful

Yesterday was one of "those days". I had been up that morning from about 2-5 a.m. because of a pain I was having in my belly button. Yes, my belly button!!! It became really sharp when I would lay down, so I spent most of the night cleaning my house for two reasons.... 1 because what else was I going to do while standing? And 2 because I thought for sure I was going to end up in the hospital after reading on the internet that one of the first signs of appendicitis can be pain in the belly button, and the last time I was in the hospital some dear friends trying to be kind and helpful came and cleaned my house. I hadn't been feeling well for a few weeks that time, so I was definitely behind in the cleaning department. That mortified me!!! So, I wasn't about to let them have a reason to do that again! Unfortunately, my house was already fairly clean and I didn't dare turn on the vacuum (although I seriously contemplated it) so I ended waking up most everyone in the house looking for something to organize or do in the dark. Eventually I was tired enough to fall asleep for a few hours until I could call the doctor.

I am grateful for a good neighbor who called to talk to Dean, and asked if there was anything he could do for our family and was able to come over and help Dean give me a blessing. I am grateful for two good friends, Alayna & Sharmy, who were willing to give up their day and take care of my kids. I am grateful for my amazing hubby who kept calling me while I was at the doctor telling me it was going to be o.k. ( I got a little worked up not wanting to go to the hospital again ) 2 doctors and exams, some bloodwork, and 3 hours later- they still aren't exactly sure what the pain is. They think it's a small abdominal tear (don't ask me how I got that) and possibly a bladder infection presenting itself in a weird way. Some pain killer and antibiotics later, I slept much better last night. Thank Goodness! And thank goodness for wonderful people in my life that are always willing to help. You don't know how much it means to me and how much I appreciate it even for something as simple as a pain in my belly button!!!

8 comments:

Hannah said...

It is so not fun to be in pain, I know! I hope you get better soon and don't have to keep cleaning in the middle of the night!!

The Robinson's said...

Yuck, I'm sorry you weren't feeling well. I wish I was there to help!

Alayna said...

I am so glad things turned out okay so you could go to VEGAS!! ha ha! You know I love your kids as if they were mine, I would feel so sad not to have them!!!

Miriam Lusk said...

hope you are having a ton of fun in Vegas. Glad your belly button feels better ;)

The Howards said...

Vegas??? You got to go to Vegas??

Rob said...

Hi Candria (and Dean) I just noticed your blog on Amy's links. Hope life is good in Idaho! Since you are fam, I'm going to add you to our links. Hope you don't mind.

Unknown said...

candria, sorry to hear you're not feeling the best, hope you're better now. I'm glad I finally got around to checking your blog! you guys are so so cute!!

Hilary said...

Hey you- Get better STAT! Much love.