So. Here is the other Kayden/jumping story... Several times over the last few years we have driven into Twin Falls and seen the jumpers on the bridge. Several times Dean and I have talked about stopping to watch, but then decided against it for fear of the ideas we might put into Kayden's head. Well, last week - we stopped. Kayden has some what mellowed recently and we figured he could handle it. Here's how it went... in Kayden's words:
Wow! That is scary!
I am never doing this! (We assured him that it was something he NEVER needed to do)
What happens if their parachute doesn't work? (We pointed out the memorial at the bottom and again assured him that he NEVER needs to try this)
Then he watched 4 more go without saying anything.
Well, maybe when I'm bigger I could try.
Like after my mission.
Yup, I think after my mission I will try it. (At this point we decided it was time to go - Kayden kept watching though)
O.k. I am definitely going to do this after my mission.
(dragging him to the car)
I wish I had a parachute right now!
bad idea... bad bad idea... and now we have Darth Vader jumping off the fireplace mantle...
Dean and I were talking later that night about why he decided to try "after his mission". We think it's because we are always telling the boys that they can do things like drive, date, get a cell phone, leave our sight, "after their mission. So, naturally, bridge jumping will have to wait until then also... I think we need a new plan!
14 years ago


3 comments:
HA HA! What a clever boy he is!
At least you've got quite a while to talk him out of it! :)
Hey! We found your blog because it was linked to Michael's. This is Chris and Emily and we're taking care of Dean's grandma. Is it cool if we show it to her?
Your boy never ceases to crack me up! But, I am sure that it isn't so funny as his mom! Oh, and beautiful family pictures. Everyone is growing so fast! Good luck with Kayden!
Post a Comment