Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Life of a Large Animal Vet....

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING PICTURE MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR YOUNG CHILDREN..... :)
So, most of you know what Dean does for a living. I personally have never actually watched him do his work, but he got a special call the other day, so we took the family along. For those of you that don't know, Dean is a large animal vet. The majority of his job involves checking cattle to determine their stage of pregnancy. Well, the local zoo called with a new addition, an elephant. They weren't sure if she was pregnant or not, so they asked Dean to come see (literally) what he could find. Dean is breathing through the hose.


Needless to say, the kids and I don't run to give him hugs and kisses when he comes home anymore. He's wishing he wouldn't have taken us now.... He loves his job, but personally I think he needs to ask for a raise!!!!

17 comments:

Miriam Lusk said...

oh my gosh!!! that is insane!

camie said...

i don't think i have laughed harder! that is the funniest thing i have ever seen... poor dean...

Erin S said...

Does he have a flashlight in there or something??? How do you see in there? EWWWWW

Unknown said...

Are you kidding me?! There's got to be a better way!! If there is something in there he's gonna get kicked in the face!

Hilary said...

Ummmm....WOW!

Hannah said...

HOLY COW, or elephant I should say!!!! I think you're exactly right, Dean should get a raise!

Amy Lovell said...

Wow, it takes a special man to do that kind of work, go Dean!!!

Mandi said...

Jeremy says, "now I know why I didn't go to vet school!" And I thought that learning how to AI was a job only for the strong of stomach... that nothing!

Taylor Family said...

Oh Candria...I am speechless!!! What a guy you have!!!! You had told me what he did for his job, but I agree anyone who can do that for a job needs a huge raise!!!!

Morgen said...

K, I thought of a million questions at first, but I think I just don't want to know! That is insane! I bet he never thought he would be doing that while in vet school!

AJ Candrian said...

That is the FUNNIEST picture I have ever seen! I think my jaw dropped when I saw it! If I ever own a large animal, I'm calling Dean. That's incredible!

Allison said...

That is on the verge of being completely unbelievable! I just looking at it and laughing! I will no longer be sorry about having to go to work!

Melissa Sutton said...

Okay, I just had to see what this was all about from Morgen's post. . . I had NO IDEA that someone actually had to do this for a living?!! WOW! Now that's something you don't see everyday! Ha ha. You two have a beautiful family! It's fun to see where everyone we graduated with ended up. Take care! Melissa :)

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! Yes a raise indeed! Poor Dean! What did the kids think seeing that? That is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time though, lol!

Xoxo Grandma said...

So, is the elephant pregnant?
Amazing photo! Poor Dean, it's a good thing he loves his job...yuck!

jeffandbecca said...

I just came across your blog from Allisons. Wow! I did not even know that was physically possible. You have a darling family, the last time I saw you was in Moscow, with your little, and I think you were pregnant with your daughter. Wow, time flies.

Anonymous said...

Whoa. The Human Suppository! Hope He's not claustrophobic. That IS an impressive photo! How many tubes of KY jelly did it take to get him in there? Imagine if that thing pinched down?! It could break some ribs! Or what if it sneezed? Dean could be shot out like a cork from a wine bottle! You should call that guy from "Dirty Jobs," and invite him to give it a go. Thanks for sharing the experience!...I'm just a friend of Rob Meredith's in Rexburg. My brother is a small animal vet here and I can see the wisdom behind choosing a small animal practice! :) -- Lane Hanson