Wednesday, August 18, 2010

More Catch Up: Ryman's Baptism

On July 31st, Ryman decided to be baptized. He actually should have been able to the month before, but we were traveling back from New Mexico ( a post I really need to catch up on! ). We were lucky enough to have a lot of family come again even though they had just made the trip a few months before for Taybri's blessing. It was so nice to have everyone here and I know it made Ryman's day even more special. And because we like to keep things exciting around here... Dean had signed up for a continued ed in Colorado Springs for the same weekend. His flight came into Twin Falls at 5:48 p.m. that day and the baptism started at 6:30. He walked in just in time to get changed and sit down as they got started. So, the only picture I got of them in their white clothes was right before he got baptized - not the best but oh well! Afterwards, Ryman's primary teacher was nice enough to snap another picture in a classroom for us.

I am so happy that Ryman decided to get baptized & confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He is such a smart kid with a good heart. It amazes me how much he already knows about the Gospel. We are very lucky to have him as a part of our family. It was a neat day. We are proud of you Ryman!

8 comments:

Shannon said...

I can't believe he is old enough to be baptized. I remember when our boys were just babies hanging out together in Sugar City. It seems like it was just a year or so ago. congratulations to you guys. When you comin' out? Justin & Amy are coming for Thanksgiving.....there is plenty of room for you guys too!!!

Jenn said...

I'm so proud of him! I was super rushed when Brandon got baptized...I even got pulled over on my way to the church! :)

Miriam Lusk said...

Yay Ryman! So sad I missed it! But I am so proud of him!

Brittany said...

What a sweet boy! I still can't believe you have an 8-year-old!

jeffandbecca said...

Wow, you're first child baptized, time goes so fast. I remember him as a little boy in the grocery store in Moscow. Now he is baptized. Sounds like Dean was in our neck of the woods, that is far to travel for classes.

Hannah said...

Oh my goodness! Ryman's baptized! Wowie!!! Congrats to him and great job, Candria, for being such a great mom!

Diane said...

What a special day! Congratulations, Ryman!

Annie and Family said...

Hooray for Ryman!!!! That is just crazy that he is THAT old. Wow. Oh, an yes Candria, you were the one who told me about Dean's haircuts. Hee hee.