Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hooray for no surgery!!!

Wow! Did we just get some great news today! We headed to Primary Children's Hospital today for an appointment for Kayden and that mysterious hydrocele that appeared on Mother's day. After months and months of waiting to find out if he had to have surgery or not, we found out today that he won't have to have surgery for now at least! The doctor told us it was a great time to come in for a hydrocele because they had just finished a 4 year study on them and that most of them go away on their own within a year and don't cause much harm (just extra padding for bicycle riding, in the dr.'s words... ) Boy am I relieved! We'll just keep our fingers crossed that it disappears. Thanks for all the phone calls!

5 comments:

Higley's said...

That's great news! That will save you from a nice big surgery bill too! :)

Alison Hixson said...

Oh I am so glad to hear that! Lucky Kayden! He is just the cutest kid ever! I love the picture you put on with this! He looks like he is doing what he does best and better yet, has a huge scratch on his head! That kid is just too cute!

Erin S said...

I'm glad he doesn't have to have surgery, hopefully that thing goes away soon. Classic Kayden picture!

Brittany said...

I'm so glad he'll be okay! Keep us posted!

Xoxo Grandma said...

YEA for modern research!
YEA for Kayden!