Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Bitter Sweet Tribute....

My sister just posted this on her blog... Good & Bad times with that old car!


Goodbye Safari
Back in 1990, when my mom was pregnant with the twins, my parents purchased a GMC Safari Van, which I have personally hated my whole life. It was passed onto me and my sister when we were in high school and we were both unlucky enough to have to drive it to college as well. All the kids in my family at some point had drive it and be absolutely humiliated. I will admit, there were a FEW times driving a van did come in handy, we could load all of our friends in it and what not. My dad has never gotten rid of it, it has just sat around.....until now. My little brother Kirk, being the funny boy that he is, wrote an obituary for our not-so-beloved car:


The time has come to say goodbye to our dear friend, GMC Safari.On August 24,2009 our beloved Safari will join friends and family
in the Cash for Clunkers Program.
Safari is survived by her cousins;
Chevy Astro and Ford Club Wagon.
She was preceded in death by her dear friend,
Geo Prism.
The family will not recieve friends and family at the viewing because nobody cares.
So please send all condolences via mail, money accepted, to the Ghana and Virginia Mission fund.
*The Geo Prism was another one of our cars we were given to drive. I would pick it over the van any day!

6 comments:

AJ Candrian said...

Like I said on Erin's blog... I think I hated the Astro van as much as you hated your Safari. RIP.

Erin S said...

As I'm reading it, I think its funny.....then I see the picture of that blasted van and its not funny anymore.

Robinson Roost said...

Than's funny. It reminds me of Daddy's Heap of the Week!

Taylor Family said...

LOL I think I have had a few rides in that Van!!!! I can't believe its still around:)

Belinda said...

This is hilarious, and I can relate completely. My parents had a baby poop colored Fiat, in Africa, my brother drove it, and it was SO loud. I would rather have hopped on an ostrich than be in it! Actually I did ride an ostrich once and it was far more pleasant...
So Kirk left today - right? Exciting stuff. I saw your mom in the Temple on Tuesday, she's a sweetheart. If you get a chance, e-mail me sometime...missb7@live.com

Jenna said...

I remember see that van around town :) Your brother is very clever...
Good news about the no-surgery too!!