Monday, March 9, 2009

A Series of Events

Well, we had an exciting weekend at our house! It started with a fun sleepover with friends whose mom and dad got to go to state basketball. Brylie and Kayden were sooooo excited to having a different sleeping buddy besides each other.


Brylie and Liz pretending to be asleep!




Kayden and Porter wondering if they really get to sleep together...


And yes, that is a picture of my belly button. Sorry for all you with weak stomachs out there. I was trying to tell my story with pictures and this was the best I could do. Sadly, the fun time with friends ended short when a bruise and that terrible pain in my belly button returned. Turns out I'm not crazy! A trip to the E.R. and a few hours in the O.R. later, it was an ectopic pregnancy causing all that pain! Wow do I feel better! No worries, this is my second one, so that pretty much makes me a pro! (Besides not realizing what it was sooner!)
And what happens when mom is a little low on energy?.....



Children start climbing walls, or furniture in this case!



I swear this child is part monkey! (Actually he had a little help from Dean, he was trying to change the clock and Kayden can't resist opportunities to climb!)


So all in all, we enjoyed some short but sweet time with friends, finally started feeling better, once again tested how far friendships can go (you know who you are and you will never know how incredibly grateful I am), got grandma and grandpa to come for a visit (they thought they were done taking care of me... I love you!), and enjoyed the freedoms that come from a relaxing, lazy weekend.

14 comments:

Alison Hixson said...

Candria, you really need to cut back on your hospital visits. I know you enjoy going, but really your friends miss you when you're gone!

I am so glad you are doing okay. I was so worried about you and wish that I could have been there to help, even though you resist most helpers! I hope you know how much we love you and want you to be healthy again!

Hannah said...

Oh, Candria, I'm so glad to hear that you guys finally figured out what was causing all that pain, and I'm even more relieved to hear that you've doing alright! You take it easy!!

Erin S said...

You left out the part about all the blood and almost dying.....Glad you're okay!!!!!!

Rob said...

Candria,

Hope you are feeling better.

Brittany said...

Candria, I am so sorry to hear about all you have been through! You are in my prayers.

Love ya,

Brittany

Alayna said...

What!!! when did all this happen! Next time a phone call would make me feel apart of things! I'll forgive you one time. Kayden is ALL moneky, little tiny bit boy, I especailly love how the clock says 12:00 and he is still in his P.J's HE HE! LYLAS

Marie said...

Candria,
I am so sorry to hear you had an ectopic pregnancy again. I am glad that it was discovered before it did any more damage, but I'm sure it is difficult to go through. I love you and am thinking about you!

Hilary said...

I'm so glad you are okay! Love you!

Alicia said...

I am so glad you are alright!! Your kids are just TOO cute, I can't believe it!!

Candria said...

Oh Alayna... You wish you wouldn't have gotten a phone call that morning... I pity anyone that has to see me in a swimsuit, much less by bath towel! I hope you are sleeping o.k. at night... You are a true friend! You & Sharmy didn't realize how much work being my friend would be....

Allison said...

I'm glad you are feeling better :) What an ordeal to go through :(
I'm thinking of you :)

The Howards said...

Only you Candria.....:)

Melissa said...

So sorry to hear of health problems again- man you are tough! Once again- my times I could have been by your side for once come after I'm gone:( Hope you are doing better- we are thinking of you and miss you guys:) Finally the day Kayden conquers the entertainment center- I knew the day would come :) Love ya!

sharmysteele said...

Girl, I wish that my tummy looked like that, even with the bruise!:) You sell yourself short, you are always giving. We just love the chance to pay you back once in a great while! Love Ya!!