Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bonding Moments....

These pictures are from last week when I was still a little low on energy (in other words, sleeping a lot). Brylie couldn't wait for me to wake up to paint her nails, so she asked Dean. But then she was so excited that he said yes that she had to wake me up to tell me "Dad is going to paint my nails mom, you have to watch this!" It was pretty entertaining and very sweet.


He was concentrating so hard, you'd think he was doing surgery! (I think he was being extra careful, so she wouldn't make him re-do it!)

Why stop with the fingers? Toes are just as important!!!


Dad kicked back with a job well done, and Brylie informed him that, "Mom let's me paint her fingers after she does mine..." He settled for clear polish on his toes. I never thought I'd see the day.... She has him wrapped around her little finger!

Glad it's finally over!!! Way to step up to the plate when mom isn't feeling well, honey! You're the best!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

now that's a good daddy! way to go Dean! I"m very impressed.

Erin S said...

Does Dean know you posted those pics of him?? I'll probably make fun of him so don't get mad at me. :)

camie said...

ahhh, what a good dad!

Claire said...

too bad he opted for clear... I think a lovely pink would have complimented his complexion!!

Hannah said...

That is so adorable! What a great daddy Dean is.

Taylor Family said...

How cute...I always love it when James has to take on the girly things, they best is when he has to do there hair!!!! Dean is a good dad:)

Mandi said...

I too, never thought I would see the day. I am pleasantly surprised! What an awesome memory to have as a dad! Keep these forever and use them as blackmail whenever possible!

The Robinson's said...

Nice Dean! Can you come and do my toes too?! I would pay to see that.

Diane said...

Hey, I found your blog on Hannah's. I've enjoyed reading through your posts. Cute family! And way to go Dean on the fingernails and toes.

Anonymous said...

That's too cute!

5dollarFanatic said...

OH that's so funny. Actually with three girls, I can't believe Joe has lasted as long as he had without having ever done something like this. Sorry about your belly-I had one too a few years back and had to have my r. tube removed. It was quite devastating at the time-but well all in the Lord timing, I suppose. Hope you're recovery is super fast and that you start feeling like a super mom again.

Annie and Family said...

Dean, you are the man! Don't worry, I'll be sure Brett sees this one... maybe he'll fess up and reveal HIS inner desire to paint his toes too. Ha Ha